How much bleeding is too much ?

A lil background....my gyn put me on provera to stop my menstrual bleeding*long like 3 months not heavy* then started me on birth control to regulate. I have been on the BC for about 2 weeks now and also on my period for that long. I called my doc yesterday because I felt I was bleeding too heavy-a pad every 2 hrs and big clots. She told me not to worry about the clots but to take 3 BC the next 24 hrs and anothe 2 in the next 24 hrs and the bleeding will stop significantly. Well in 24 hrs it hasnt and I am going thru a super plus tampon and overnight pad every 2 hrs. Should I call her back or wait another 24 hrs

MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Asked by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 6:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• Most of the time bleeding through a pad in an hour or less is supposed to be serious, and clots bigger than golf balls.... but since she said it would stop I'd call her.
    Unless this is only your first 24 hours? Did you take the extra 2 yet? If that's the case, I would wait.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 6:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Call the doctor babe. Clots are never good. :(
    Stormywaters03

Answer by Stormywaters03 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• that is too much, see another doctor! my doc said that if you get your period when getting on BC pills to stop the pills, finish the period, then take them again... i would seriously at least see someone different in her practice!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• id call tomorrow first thing if its still like that in the morning.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009