How can I get my baby to be entertained without running around like a crazy person and going crazy myself.

My daughter is 12 weeks old and I just bought her some new toys. She loves them but I feel like this week, I have been jumping from one activity to another while she is awake to keep her happy. I am getting stressed due to the fact that I play with her for five minutes but then she gets bored and starts to cry. I used to work with the older children in a childcare and saw that the infants her age did not need as much attention. They also had to share it with other infants. Any suggestions on what to do so that she does not need me to jump from activity to activity every five minutes or is this normal. My other worry is that if I keep this up is that she will never be able to entertain herself. Thanks.

Hannah1718

Asked by Hannah1718 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• duct tape... and lots of it. no jk! buy a playmat, like baby einstens... my son LOVED his
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Thats just how 1yr. old are, actually my son is 2 1/2 and still has a short attention span LOL
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 7:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I agree with a previous poster. Buy a play mat. Babies need to learn how to entertain themselves.
    Anonymous

• i agree with pookipoo, baby einsteins play mats (and dvds) are really great! i can put my 15 wk old daughter on her mat or put on a dvd and it keeps her occupied long enough for me to get a chore done, or a quickie shower! (she is never but a few feet away from me though) :)
    NewMomKelly

Answer by NewMomKelly at 7:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009