SAHM's AND WAHM's...

are you happy? personally for me i'm a SAHM mom in school, and when school is out i go crazy. but that's me, i'm the type of person who gets lonely easily and i need adult interaction. this is NOT a debate for SAHM's vs WAHM's, although i'm sure some will turn it into one, i'm just wondering what works for your mental health/family :]

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 7:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• We are going to part time daycare in the fall. I absolutely love my son, but OH MY GOD do I need to get out of the house.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 7:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• No I am a SAHM mom and I wish I could have at least a part time job. SOmething to give me my own money and some adult time/
    Anonymous

• I LOVE being a stay at home mom, it is exactly what I've always wanted to be =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I'm happy! I am a sahm and keep pretty busy with 3 ages 3 and under (pregnant with number 4). Steve (hubby) is a huge help and we love spending time together. The kids go to bed at 7 pm so I get my time with an adult then! Lol! I also have some friends I talk to just about every day on the phone.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Honestly I would rather be a SAHM, but financially, we can't do it. I feel so guilty that I'm missing out on precious time with my baby, she's only 4 months. But I try to make the most of our together time. Of course I love adult interaction and spending time with my SO, but I just wish I could be there for my daughter more.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 7:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I love working!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• thanks ladies, keep them coming :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I'm a SAHM, it's what I've always wanted to be with my babys, but I do feel like I need a life besides the kids sometimes. I don't get a break , like I would at a job or if they were in a daycare . I am for the most part happy with my life. It is difficult for sure though, & were always broke! I have 3 so it's rediculous to even think about daycare, too expensive! This has caused many arguments between my man & I .
    Anonymous

• yeah i think most of the debates between being a SAHM vs a WAHM are because people think that what works for them works for everyone, and thats not true. i know what works for me, and i'm just curious what works for other people :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:03 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I really would not know what to call myself..there are some days I am looking for work, some days I am at home all day, then some days I work for my husband' s home business and then there are days I am confused to what to do nexts.. So what does that make me? Both? I know has of right now I am sick of it.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 8:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2009