Is it bad to smoke Marijuana while pregnant??

My friend is 8 months pregnant and she told me she smoked and felt really bad....she said she did want anything to happen to her baby becouse she smoked that...i told her i didnt know becouse I hvent smoked during my pregnancy...will anything happen to her baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS omg WTF of course doing drugs while your preggers is bad for the baby
    Anonymous

• Tell her it is totally cool, there is nothing like starting your baby on the path of becoming a LOSER like smoking pot while pregnant.
    Anonymous

• YESSS, its bad!! Tell her not to do it anymore!!!
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is very bad to smoke ANYTHING while you are pregnant . what ever you put in your body effects your baby!!!!!!!! If you love that baby don't smoke anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Of course doing any sort of drugs during pregnancy is NOT a good idea. How much did she smoke? I've known women who smoked a VERY small amount during the first trimester for nausea and had perfectly normal babies. In extreme cases I assume it won't do much harm, but I would never suggest it because the effects are unknown, and who wants to play with fire regarding their child's health?
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I had a friend who smoked all the way through. Had a healthy baby. Now in school he's a very slow learner. No drugs!!!!
    Anonymous

• um. yeah that's bad. Did you really need to ask that? I hope she only did it once and never does it again. (A) It's illegal anyway (B) The baby can be born addicted to it not to mention in some the baby is drug tested at birth there fore she may get caught and be in trouble with CPS (C) It can make some people do extremely stupid thing so even when the baby is born if she continues her use it may cause other problems.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• everything you take in your body goes to that baby! would you lightone up and give it to your child?!?!
    Anonymous

• I'm sure it's not the HEALTHIEST thing to do... but I smoked while I was pregnant! Just the first 3 months or so to help with morning sickness and my child came out fine. No delays or anything. My friends have smoked the entire pregnancy (which I personally wouldn't do) and their babies came out healthy and are in school and doing well. It varies from child I guess, there are no actaul studies to have found real issues with the babies. IMO better to smoke pot than cigs or drink wine whether the dr says it's ok or not.
    Anonymous

• First off-Your friend is a moron for smoking pot while she's pregnant... Any drug is going to be bad for the baby... And bad for her! And to anyone who smokes pot or anything else while they are pregnant "to help with morning sickness" is selfish!!! I would rather suffer through morning sickness and whatever else pregnancy throws at me than to potentially harm my child!

@ANON :55- Did you know that your baby would come out fine when you were smoking? How could you even take the risk!!!

Somethings I will never understand!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 8:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009