is there?

I keep seeing all theese adds on the sides of yahoo and facebook about "Obama wants moms to go back to school" ect
Does anyone know...are there any programs out there for us single mom's who DID go back to school to make a better life for our kids, but have HUGE student loan payments now?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sorry, but if you went back to school to make a better life...did you not select a major that would actually pay a decent wage that would allow you to make a better life AND pay back your student loans?

I doubt you can get a retroactive check from Obama after already completing your education! If so, I want my check for completing college 15 years ago, too!
    Anonymous

• lol..maybe i should have elaborated...
    I finished school 1 1/2 yrs ago
    i am an LPN
    BUT I am also a single mother so the $350 per month in studnt loans is KILLER

i wont be surprised if there is nothing out there, just figure id ask and see if anyone knows for sure
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would do a little research, I heard that there is some interest rate relief or something available. As far as the first responder, wow! Way to support! The cost of college is a widespread problem, to act like someone is somehow irresponsible because their student loan payments are tough is ridiculous. Lighten up with the lecture already.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The community college in my area is helping big time with costs for currently unemployed people for certain programs like medical billing and computer related classes
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• lol..maybe i should have elaborated... I finished school 1 1/2 yrs ago i am an LPN BUT I am also a single mother so the $350 per month in studnt loans is KILLER i wont be surprised if there is nothing out there, just figure id ask and see if anyone knows for sure

Good luck! My daughter mostly saw a LPN for the first 2 years, we LOVED her...but she moved away....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2009