making a cloth book for my niece, I have a question...

my niece is about to turn one, and I thought it might be fun and different to make her a book instead of buy a toy. I'm using fleece for the pages and am cutting out different shapes with different types of fabric on some pages and on other pages put the shapes together to make familiar objects, like a house, tree....etc. I will probably hold the pages together with yarn. but what shall I do about the shapes and stuff? would it be better to sew them on our use a good fabric glue? glueing would save a lot of time, but I can see it getting worn out easy if my niece pulls at the fabric... (i'm anon because the mommy is on here and I want it to be a suprise)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If it was me..I would mix it up with yarn and thread. They do have glue that is like superglue but truthfully, I reither sew then glue.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 8:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If it were my kid, I would rather the pieces were sewn on.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would use colorful buttons to fasten the shapes on. You know just in the middle. If you use some heavyweight felt or even foam for the shapes, I think they would hold up to tugging.

Sounds very cute. And thoughtful.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Using yarn to sew the buttons and shapes on.
    casperskitty

• I would mix it up with sewing and glueing, is the child small and will the buttons cause a choking hazzard? If so make the book soft and fluffy and sew the pieces...
    dk
    deenakate

Answer by deenakate at 3:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009