am i wrong?

Ok i know im probably going to sound bad. but my son is 3 1/2 years old and hes starting headstart. Is it bad for me too feel sad????

irishmama0607

Asked by irishmama0607 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• nope
    not at all
    wait till he starts kg... :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Nope, not bad. Everyone reacts differently.

I look at each one of their stages of development as a reason to celebrate. They're moving onward and upward, growing and becoming independent! They're learning and moving forward with their lives! They're one step closer to becoming men with a lot to contribute to society. I always look forward to the next step!

This year, I have one starting kindergarten and one going into preschool! (but then again, with three young boys, maybe I'm looking forward to some alone time? LOL)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Is it wrong for you to feel sad? Of course not.

An era in your lives together is coming to an end. He is moving into the larger world, one baby step at a time. In your heart you know this is just the first step on the road to helping him pack his stuff into a moving truck.

And my little one is just turning 3 and will be in preschool 2 half days a week this fall. I feel the same way.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Momma I cried the day I went from a SAHM to a working mom..

I cried my daughters first day of PreSchool....

I cried at my daughters last day of PreSchool...

I will cry when she gets on the bus for Kindergarden....

I already think about how I am going to cry when she goes to college...

twin girlsWe love our children...it is that simple!!!

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 8:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I cried everyday for almost two weeks after i went back to work when my daughter was only 3 months old....I felt like a terrible mom for leaving her. Your baby is going to school, and that s so exciting but so scary that they will be out of your site and learning new things without you, I know I will probably feel the exact same way when my baby girl starts headstart.
    LydiaArce

Answer by LydiaArce at 9:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• All mamas are sad on their baby's first day of school.
    paralegal09

Answer by paralegal09 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I feel sad when I go see a movie with friends and leave him for two hours. lol
    Anonymous