Copper IUD

So I was talking to my doctor yesterday about birth control cause I am not sure if I really can have my tubes tied at 27 since it is so permanent. Foe the women who have the copper IUD does it hurt when being but in and is it possible it can be pulled out from sex or even using a tampon? Obviously it isn't too risky otherwise they wouldn't be using it, but I am just wondering how it has worked for the women who use it, TIA

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 8:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The insertion hurts for less than a minute. Sex and tampons don't bother it. I have it and find it the best option. Not perfect, but better than the rest. PM if you have questions =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The insertion feels like a pinch and takes less than 10 minutes, afterwards you may get a small spot or two of blood and come period like cramps..very mild. No issue with sex at all..hubby can't feel it at all and neither can I, tampons are no big deal...not an issue pulling it out. Mirena is the hormonal IUD and it can be pulled out by a person without going to the doctor, but I have NEVER heard of a Paragard(copper one) being removed by anyone but a doctor. I have had 2 btw and I will have my second removed to TTC again this Thrusday. Obviously it doesn't hurt to remove since last time I was pregnant in 4 days after removal.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009