jenny mccarthy's book, mother warriors

My son is not on the spectrum, but i find it really interesting - like why so many kids have autism now, all of the sudden, after reading it, i am seriously considering not vax-ing my son anymore, if you have read the book what do you think (it has like 15 first hand accounts of people who's kids have autism triggered by the mercury/ other toxins in shots who either recovered their kids or ... not...) i know as far as a public health issues it isnt good for everyone to stop vax-ing but in europe, they dont do 36 shots, they do something like 13....and their rates of autism arent like in the usa. i did learn not to vax if your kid is sick, has been on antibiotics, etc... which my doc has done to my son b4... not to start a nasty debate but what do you think if you have experience with it or read the book too.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 8:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It is not black or white; vax or don't vax. We did a delayed, selective schedule; first shot after first birthday; one vax per offfice visit with preservative free single dose vaccines. We read the insert before every shot.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• She's full of bologna.

They pulled that ingredient from vaccines YEARS ago.

Rates have increased because the number of babies born has increased, ability to diagnose early has increased, parental awareness (knowing what to look for) has increased, disorders on the spectrum has increased.

"Recover" their kids? One does NOT recover from Autism. Ever.
    Anonymous

• You know I heard negative and positive things about shots, and watching the news and just everything in general there is a lot of diseas and all kinds of crap in the world any more, , I vax my kids but everytime I go to the Dr. I pray to God that nothing happens to them from the shots cuz really he is the only one that can keep our kids safe, that is my opinion on the whole vax-ing thing.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• She bores me. She thinks she this big thing & she's not. Like someone already said, you dont get over being autistic. If her kid did, then he wasnt autistic to begin with.
    Anonymous

• Children DO recover from Autism. I have a friend and her little girl is recovering.

Here are the current vaccine ingredients from the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf

Here are the package inserts so you can see the OTHER possible side affects from vaccines, such as death, diabetes, arthritis: http://www.ctvia.org/index.cfm?folder=154

You really need to study the diseases and the vaccines themselves. Great site: http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases.aspx
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Autumn--I don't mean to be rude, but if your friends child is recovering then she did not have autism. She had the symptoms of autism. Which could be mercury or heavy metal poisening. My son was severely anemic and behaved like he had autism, as soon as we brought his iron levels up he was "cured", thing is , he wasn't cured of autism, but of anemia.

No, I don't believe you can recover from autism. Nor do I believe vaccines cause it.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I am disappointed that no one else has read it, honestly i do not love jenny mccarthy, but she is a lot smarter than i ever gave her credit for, yes kids do recover from autism, it is documented, if you think they dont i think you dont know what you are tlaking about, now that is like cancer or something because not all austistic kids can recover, and if you have one that doesnt respond to the diets and detox then i would see why you feel that it is impossible to know your kid isnt one of the lucky ones (i am the mother of an angel in heaven and know the greif of the loss of a child so dont go there.) but there is the one consistant thing in every story, vax's caused the medical issues that manifest into the autistic traits. it is truly scary! i will check those sites about the vax inserts, that is good info to have to take to the doc, i know i am going to get chewed out by our current doc, she doesnt even skip flu shots.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I agree with Petie. I refuse to read anything of Jenny's because she is full of shit. I read the transcript from when she was on Oprah (couldn't get to watch it) and she is full of crap. I am 21 years old, have autism, never been treated (not recommending that for everyone though) and have been researching it WAY longer than her. You do not recover from autism and many thing mimic autism that can be cured.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Okay I agree with Petie that vaccines do not cause Autism and that those that are cured probably had something like heavy metal poisoning that mimics autism. You CAN get heavy metal poisoning from the vaccines though. The mercury is still there in small trace amounts and so is aluminum and formaldehyde along with many other things. I have read her book and think it is a bunch of crap and I DON"T vaccinate my children. Autism is the least of my worries from the vaccines after I started researching them. Check out my journal post and do your own research on it before vaccinating your children.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My opinion is very similar to Petie and purpleducky in regard to vaccines and Autism and 'curing' Autism. I have not read any of Jennys books and never will cause I think she is full of crap. When ever she spouts off about 'cure' it makes me wonder where she got her medical degree from. I guess she fails to realize Autism is a Big Spectrum- not every child is the same! Just because something worked for her child and he made improvements does not mean it will work for ALL ASD children!
    Hmmmm she is also rich and 'famous' so she has alot more options available and can afford to get the top neursurgeons and doctors involved in her sons case and does not have to worry about costs. She can afford all the treatments, therapies, while alot of parents can't, and are on long waiting lists for services.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jul. 22, 2009