Inducing labor

Tomorrow I am getting induced at 6 AM. I'm 40 weeks and 3 days. I'm very nervous because one I'm barely 3 cms. dilated, two they think she's about 9 lbs. and three...I really don't want a C-section and I'm afraid that's what might happen. I was curious as to how other women's inductions went if they were, and any advice would be wonderful.

contrariant

Asked by contrariant at 8:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Walk as much as you can from now to when you go in, Drink lots and losts of water, if they are inducing you that means they dont think there will be any problem or they would just do a c section to begin with, try and relax and not to worry so much about it( i know thats hard) but the more u worry the more stress thats on the baby and the chance that something could go wrong.... good luck hon and congrates
    Anonymous

• Well, 3 cm's is a pretty good start. I was induced with my last pregnancy, and they also thought my baby would be around 8 or 9 but she ended up being 10. They could be wrong though and your baby might be smaller than what they are thinking. I did end up with a c-section after induction but only because her head was just too big to fit. That might not happen to you, but if it does, a c-section is really not that scary. I was in labor with her for 13 hours and by the time they said the words c-section I really just did not care. I will say vaginal is a much better route when it comes to home recovery, but the pain from the surgery was only physically draining for me for about the first week at home. Good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i was induced at about 2 cm and my whole labor and delivery went great!! all i needed was a lil kick start to get things going and that was it..my water broke on its own and i had vaginal delivery..they thought my baby was going to be tiny, but ended up being 8 pounds 8 ounces..i was really scared i was going to end up with a c-section also...hope everything goes great for you!! GL!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I was induced with my 3rd child at 40wks 3 days because I have large babies, 8lbs (3 wks early), and 10lbs 2oz. I didnt want to but I did it anyway because I had a 2yr old and 17mo old at home and I was exhausted! I stayed the night (monday) with the Cervidil in, In the morning I hadnt dialated and they started Pitocin @7am. I was ok until about 1030am when the contractions kicked in HARD! I got in the tub and felt sooo much better. At about 3:15pm (tuesday) I got out of the tub to start pushing and it took them a few minutes to take the bed apart and get set. Sofia was born at 3:28 pm after 3 or 4 pushes! She weighed 9lbs 12oz, so it was good she came whenshe did! Overall, I wouldnt want to be induced again, but It was so good to have it over with.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009