I'm due tomorrow - can I go walk around in the pool?

So my due date is tomorrow but I don't suspect that this baby will be on time, I haven't lost my plug yet and haven't had any painful contractions. It's soooo freaking hot here in los angeles. I wanted to just get in the pool and kinda walk around in it...Would this be okay for me to do?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think so
    enjoy!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• yeah i would be fine as long as u didnt lose ur plug yet, and it might help move things along for you to, i acually went into labor on my due date when i was swiming at my sis party
    Anonymous

• i dont know. have you dilated already? ask your doc if there is a risk of infection. i wouldn't want to take any risks. your doc knows best.
    Anonymous

• Water is Great for pregnant ladies, it will feel fantastic. If there is no reason to suspect that your water has broken, the pool is just fine. If you have any concerns you can always call and ask your doctor.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 8:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• as long as your water hasnt broke ur fine.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• As long as your water hasnt broken then its fine. Who knows maybe it will help get your labor started.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• As long as your water hasn't broken you're fine.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Absolutely! The water will also take the pressure off your hips and spine, making you one happy mama-to-be! Even if you do loose your plug, as long as your water hasn't broken, you're golden.

Just make sure to drink extra water to combat the heat! I live in So Cal too, I know what you're talking about!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2009