should i?

ok this is gonna sound dumb but hey we are all here to talk to other mommies right....
my son had chronic ear infections as a baby which have resolved over the past few years. tonight he is a little clingy and said his ears hurt. the thing is last 2 times i took him in nothing was wrong. if i ask him what hurts he starts making up body parts, (finger, lip ect)
i dont want to take him in and miss work for nothing, but i dont want to ignore something either. funnyest part...i'm a peds nurse lol
but he is one that unless he is running a high fever it is hard to tell when he is faking and when he is serioius, and he likes to fake.
btw he is about to turn 6
advice?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• My 5 year old does this sometimes, but as soon as I mention going to the dr. I know if she is faking or not. If she is really sick she wants to go to the dr. because it makes her feel better. If she is faking she doesn't want to go. Also if she says something hurts or she doesn't feel good I will say something like well then I guess we can't go see so and so because your sick. If she faking she will say well I am feeling better. Maybe that might work. Good luck.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• unfortunatly that doesnt work with him...i work at the doc office...he likes it...but good advice thanks
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Most doctors now hold off on prescribing antibiotics for an ear infection. Cut out dairy for a few days, put a couple of drops of apple cider vinegar in his ears every two or three hours, and wait and see what happens.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009