What would you do if this was your daughter?

I was watching THS investigates teen pregnancy nightmares today. There was a story about a girl who had a crush on guy when she was 10 and he was 17. By the time she was 12 they were dating and having sex by the time she was 13. When the mom found out she got a restraining order but it didn't work and her daughter still was seeing this guy. She ended up getting pregnant and getting killed by the guy or his friend or someone (I missed the end). Anyway what if your young daughter was seeing an older guy and you knew the relationship was unhealthy (he was controlling) and you knew they were having sex? I am just curious what other people's opinions are or if you expirenced this yourself what did you do. I have two girls so this stuff scares the crap out of me. This is not about teen pregnancy it is more about young girls dating much older guys and how as a parent you would react.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would personally drive my daughter to school, pick her up from school, probably drop in unexpectedly to make sure she wasn't skipping class. She would stay home with me the rest of the time. If she wanted to go to the movies with her friends, I would be at the movies too. I would get him put in jail for statutory rape.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would have him thrown in jail
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i agree with the above pp's. jail!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• im with answer #1

but i thank god i dont have a girl and hope that i raising my son to respect women
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would be filing rape charges and doing everything I could to get his sorry child-molesting butt put in jail.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have no idea, so I can only pray I never find myself in that situation. I hope I raise my daughter with the strength and self-confidence to not get involved with men who will prey upon her vulnerabilities.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Unfortunately, killing the guy isn't a legal option and neither would be chaining my daughter to her room...so, I'm not sure what I'd do. I really honestly hope this is never a concern for us. My kids only play at family member's houses, unless I am there and I plan on keeping it that way for a while...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would likely take her out of school and start homeschooling and never leave her side. If that didn't work I would pack up my family and move away from the pedophile. I would definitely press statutory rape charges.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• well if it had been me and my parents they would have #1 kicked my ass #2 kicked his ass#3 got a restraining order and #4 pressed charges fro sexual assault and I would have been in a heap of trouble if I refused to testify. Parents HAVE to be parents these days. We can't be too careful or catious and we need to be firm when firmness is required. I would do the same thing if it were my daughter but most importantly things like this stem from the childs low self esteem I would be sure my daughter was confdent in teh wonderful person that she was adn felt loved enough to never look for it in the wrong places
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i would warn them to stop till she is 18 or if i found them together again after being warned --i would try to get him arrested and send her off to bording school. i would explain those consequences when i sat down with them (and hopefully his parents) when i warned them.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009