clothing

I know a child that is consistenly put in clothes that are too small on her. For example the child wears a size8 comfortable in underwear but usually has on size 4s. Also she takes a 6x/7 in pants and has had on 6s alot and some fives. I was just wondering if there is medically drawbacks to a child wearing clothing that is too small on them?

katcb1019

Asked by katcb1019 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• in panties yes. If they are to tight they can rub and irritate her and if there is no airflow she can get a yeast infection or another infection. Pants too could irritate her by rubbing too hard.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I am not sure, but that would certainly be uncomfortable and if the clothing cuts into her skin I would think she would be in pain. Even wearing a pair of jeans that fit a bit snugly is irritating to me, so I would assume its the same for a child. Does she dress herself and just not pay attention to the clothing she puts on? Does her mom every comment on why her clothing is so small for her?
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 8:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Her mom says they fit fine but the child does complain
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• if they are uncomforatble and hurt her i would say pain is a medical issue...
    Anonymous

• Well that seems a bit neglectful to me, obviously the poor girl is uncomfortable. Ask her mom to walk around in her daughter's shoes (pun intended) and see how she feels. That poor child could have medical repercussions if it continues and she is constantly wearing things that are much too tight for her. That is sad. :(
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 9:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2009