OMG Im freaking out

So my stupid DF made a gin and tonic when he got home from work. I walked out of the room for 20 seconds...he was still in the room...and I guess he wasnt paying attention and she took a sip! She is 11 months old. Im freaking out. Should I go to the doctor or what? Anyone ever had this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• You don't need to go to the doctor. She'll be fine.

But put this number on your fridge...

1-800-222-1222
    Poison Control. It's staffed 24 hours a day and it's free.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• As long as it was only a sip she should be fine I'd think. Call poison control if you're really concerned.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Keep an eye on her, and I would probably call the doctor and ask what they would suggest. In the meantime, KICK HIS ASS for being so irresponsible. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

• If it was only a sip she should be fine. If it was a good bit you might want to have it checked out. When I was her age I got a hold of my daddy's beer. I didn't drink a lot but they said I just went to sleep. But with it being hard liquer if it was a lot get her checked just to be safe.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• How does that happen exactly? Unless it was in a sippy cup and your boyfriend handed it to her. I'd be worried that your boyfriend can't or won't watch her or take care of her.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• She will be fine, probably sleep pretty good, but she will be fine! My son did almost the same thing on Fourth of July. We were at a party and my mom was watching him (I was there too!) I don't drink, my four year old was doing something he should have been doing, and my 10 month old was taking a drink out of my mom's Black Velvet and coke...I got mad at her, because she was suppose to be watching him, and he was just at her side and she was talking to someone and not paying attention to him for that nano second!! She apologized and kept better watch of her drink the rest of the night. It happens! Shouldn't, but it does.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• 1 - just a sip and she will be fine but id kill him
    2- i agree if you're concerned call poison controll
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• She will be fine. As long as she did not consume massive amounts of it.
    Anonymous

• sarapurser, I have taught my 10 month old to drink out of a regular cup, it's messy but he can do it. Not all babies go from bottle to sippy to cup, some dance around! :) In my case, baby is still nursing, uses a regular cup and a sippy and absolutely refuses any and all bottles!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• OP here:
    sarapurser my DD can pick up a regular glass and drink out of it. He didn't HAND it to her.
    Anonymous