I'm a working mom with a 6 and 4 year old. Would it completely push me over the edge to have a 3rd?

I'm a teacher so I work great hours. I just want to know is it over-the-top tough to go from 2 to 3 children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• push u over the edge, idk, me yes
    lol

:)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I think that depends on many factors...does DH help you a lot, are your children fairly well behaved, how well do you handle stress....I think that if you feel that you want to add to your family and it works for you all then you will be able to deal with the stresses that you face in making that decision. GL
    Anonymous

• No, lots of people do it. If you're a teacher, plan for a March or April delivery though so you get your 12 weeks and then summer! That means you'd better get busy now
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 8:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If you and your husband agree that you want one than go for it. Being a teacher allows you to take off work and not worry about it so much when you need to. And your other kids don't need you as much as they would if they were younger and they can help you. If you want another one, i'd say it's a great time to have another one.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have 5 and I'm still here...as for my sanity...well that is another matter entirely. Teachers have a great advantage as they have great hours, summers and holidays off with their kids...but a little one is not in school while you are at work..so consider those first 5 yrs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have a 4, 6 and one year old. I manage just fine. I worked full time for a bout a month, and it took some getting used to (I was also BFing, my baby reverse cycled and I was stuck on the couch from the moment I got home, until bed time for the babe), but it wasn't unmanageable. My sanity is still intact...although some might question that statement :D My fiance was a great help, but I decided to go back to part-time. We could afford it, and I missed my babies so much!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009