Hypothetical questions curious on your opnion

So you just got engaged and your super excited. You've asked your very best friend to be your maid of honor and she was ecstatic. A few months later your maid of honor drops a bombshell. She's pregnant! And as excited as you are for her you can't help but notice her due date is incredibly close to your wedding date. So do you ask her to not be in the wedding, have her step down to a less important position (personal attendant maybe?) or just try to roll with the flow and pray to god her water doesnt break in the middle of the ceremony?

So I was the preggo. I was asked to step down yet I had still had all the responsibilities of the maid of honor while I was a bit hurt, I understood where she was coming from. So what would you do?

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 8:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I would have kept her as my maid of honor and had another attendant be an understudy/assistant. I can totally see why she did that though, although it sucks that you still had to do everything.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 8:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i def would NOT ask my bff to step down! how rude!
    i would just pick a dress accordingly
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would let her continue to be my maid of honor.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i'd keep my maid of honor. she might need a bigger dress, but will still play the same role. if her due date was neck & neck w/ the wedding date, i would either ask how she feels about that if she could still do it or possibly move up/back the date. i dont have many friends, and the ones i do have mean too much to me to let them down. i know it would be MY wedding, but that would be how I want it to be.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 8:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would not have had you step down. Hey if your water broke during the ceremony that would make it more interesting!!!! I wouldn't do that then ask the person to do all this work that is wrong.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• If I truly wanted her to be my maid of honor...

I would have rolled with the flow.....and hope that her water does not break on the
    wedding day...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 8:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would feel honored that she cherished the closeness that we have and kept me on to assume the responsibilities of the maid of honor, without me/pregnant, taking the chance of ruining her very important day. I would also ask/expect the person standing in as maid of honor to assist me in all details, as I know I'd be getting tired.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would have kept her as my maid of honor for sure!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 8:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I think you were wronged and big time! When you give somebody the Maid of Honor title it's because they have been a good friend to you and been there for you NOT because you have a hot bod. I would have been really hurt also.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• lol kc932
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2009