Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone taking on-line courses at Penn Foster College that could recommend them???

I am planning on studying Early Childhood Education.

Answer Question

Asked by countrymama4 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • No, sorry. I take online courses at CTU.
    I wish you all the best, though! :)

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

  • Are you wanting to become an Elementary School teacher? Or are you just wanting to work in day cares and/or after school programs? If you want to be an Elementary School teacher then I would not recommend this program. I almost did it a few years ago but then when I checked to see what would transfer to the college I wanted to go to for my Bachelor's- nothing would transfer! However, if you are wanting to work in day cares and after school programs then I think this would be a great program. PM me if you have any questions or need info on online colleges for Elementary Education. Good Luck in whatever you decide.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 9:34 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • My husband is using them for electrician so he can get his journeymans license. he finds it very convient and the payments arent bad at all. i would say every couple of weeks he gets a new set of books but you can do it faster or slower depending on your study level!! good luck!

    Answer by elananme at 1:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • To answer your question Jeremysmom - I am doing this to become a teachers assistant but I would probably and eventually like to become a school teacher. You are right alot of other schools do not accept these credits but I would need something off-campus and I found out the University of Phoenix and Kaplan (online) accept their credits for the BA degree so that's a good thing.

    Answer by countrymama4 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • Also, check into Western Governors University. It is completely online and it is the only NCATE (something principals look for when hiring teachers) accredited online school. You can get your associate from there and then continue on from there as well without having to transfer. This will save a lot of hassle because even though UoP and Kaplan may accept those transfers, you will still have to go back and take certain classes.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 1:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.