should i??

ok this is gonna sound dumb but hey we are all here to talk to other mommies right....
my son had chronic ear infections as a baby which have resolved over the past few years. tonight he is a little clingy and said his ears hurt. the thing is last 2 times i took him in nothing was wrong. if i ask him what hurts he starts making up body parts, (finger, lip ect)
i dont want to take him in and miss work for nothing, but i dont want to ignore something either. funnyest part...i'm a peds nurse lol
but he is one that unless he is running a high fever it is hard to tell when he is faking and when he is serioius, and he likes to fake.
btw he is about to turn 6
advice?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm gonna go with the attention thing to, my son does that from time to time. His tummy will hurt so mommy has to carry him, but when I say well if your tummy hurts we probably shouldn't go to the park later he's miraculously better. I would say if he complains of the same ailment for like 2 days on a regular basis to take the complaint more seriously, thats my personal rule of thumb.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• sounds like he probably wants attention... maybe making some one-on-one time for him would "cure" the ailment. My dd does the same thing sometimes
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• if you are a ped's nurse cant you bring home one of those magnifying lights to see into his ear and look up pics on google images of the inside of infected ears. check med journals for pics of it or something??
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• ha ha those "magnifying lights" are EXPENSIVE and if i got caught bringing one home from work id be killed
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• He want extra cuddle time.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009