Have you had laser eye surgery? Pros/cons

I think I'm going to get it done in March. I've worn glasses/contacts for over 20 years. I think it may be a good investment and I'd love to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without finding my glasses first.

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 9:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• I worked for an eye Surgeon for 7 years and I saw a lot of happy patience with Lasik with almost immediate results and the recovery is amazingly fast...PRK is a longer road of recovery and I saw that some people had to come back and get touch up's to get it right. As long as you go to an experienced doctor I think you would be happy with the choice...just know that as you get older even with laser sx you will eventually need readers. Also a con would be an increase in dry eye syndrome. If your goal is to improve your distance with out having to wear glasses you will achieve it with lasik.
    LJSMOM31

Answer by LJSMOM31 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My husband and I both had it done in December 2007. It's one of the best things I could have ever done!! I am absolutely thrilled with the results and I'd do it again in a heart beat. As for pros and cons, I had some irritation the first week. My eyes were very dry. I had the blade-less lasik, so I only had light halos at night for a couple of weeks (it can be like six MONTHS with the blade) so that was no biggie. Really, it was a creepy experience, but the results are absolutely amazing! I can see things I never was able to see, even with contacts and glasses. I remember about a week after my surgery, I looked up at the mountains and saw such texture in the rocks that I had never seen before. Incredible!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2009