baby number 2

I was wondering if you show sooner and feel the baby move sooner than in the first pregnancy?

danielle8717

Asked by danielle8717 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't show sooner with my 2nd but I REALLY did with my 3rd. I did feel the baby move sooner because I knew what it was that I was feeling. With the first I wasn't as sure that it was baby!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You show sooner because your uterus is already accustomed to expansion.

sararsara

Answer by sararsara at 10:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I did. I started showing about 2 hours after conception! LOL! Not really, but I was huge with #2. Though I gained the same amount of weight, I carried #2 VERY differently. I was due 1 March (but I delivered him on17 Feb), and people thought I was due in November/December. It tickled me to see the shock on people's faces when I'd correct them. My friend's mother asked her when we went to the beach in late August (only 3 mos. along) if I was having twins! I was also more uncomfortable as I carried so big. My hipbones ached, and I couldn't sit for long; I held many meetings while standing! He was active which didn't help. Of course, the second time around I noticed movement earlier because I knew what to "feel for". Good luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 10:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I showed sooner with my second. But I actually started feeling #1 at 17 weeks, and didn't feel #2 until like 21 weeks! I am not sure why that is, probably not typical.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 10:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I didnt show until like 25 weeks with #1 and I felt him at 19 weeks
    with #2 I was showing at 13 weeks and felt him at 15 weeks :) now I'm 20 weeks and look like I am about 7-8 months pregnant LOL
    jenntysmom

Answer by jenntysmom at 9:28 AM on Jul. 22, 2009