Am I the only single mom on the planet struggling to make ends meet? I'm on a very low income and now we are being evicted because I can't afford to pay my rent. Is there any help out there for single moms who are struggling financially????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• try hud or fia tell them bout ur bills an they will usually help u pay ur rent an sometimes give u cash assistance depending if u are eligible
    Anonymous

• sorry to hear this. I too was a single strugging mom of two. I would recommend going to the housing place and tell them what is going on. If you r not on housing you may be eligable to get reduced rent in a project. go apply for food stamps , go after the baby daddy for child suporty.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You are not the only one. The only reason I still have a roof over my head is because my grandma owns the house and my mom is paying the rent for me. I suggest going to the welfare office and applying for foodstamps and medical(if you don't have it through work). You would be surprised how much you can make in a month and still get foodstamps. What you get is less money that you have to spend on food and can be used to pay bills. Also, apply for energy assistance.The caseworker at the welfare office can give you that information. Don't be ashamed to use foodstamps until things get better, with this economy MANY people are on foodstamps. Do what you have to so your family can eat and have a roof over your head. While at the welfare office, ask about emergency housing. The Salvation Army in my city offers emergency housing funds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo there with you
    try a local chruch
    my church bailed me out big time
    but still i am DROWNING every month
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Been there. My youngest son and I have been homeless three times. We camped. Hope things work out for you.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You're not the only one. Bottom line is that you need more income right? I started looking online for jobs I could do from home and found some great places.  I have made a list of places that I have used (only free ones), I know they're all legit because I don't list them until I've been paid by them. Nothing to lose by looking, it's free to get started. You can see my list and details on these places at Work at Home Mom 

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time... I honestly don't know how single moms do it! You have to stay strong girl! Have you ever considered taking on a couple of kiddos to watch in your home? I nanny for a family, I watch one little boy, and it works out great. I don't have to pay for childcare, I get to be SAHM, my daughter has a playmate for the day, and I get paid for it all! Win-win. Best of luck sweetie!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I agree with the others...for immediate help try churches in your area or the Salvation Army. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• hud.gov
    social services
    Salvation Army
    Talk to your pastor
    there are many resources available but you have to ask the right people
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Take your notice to your local housing office, they can sometimes help with rent or get you on a wait list for public housing... get on food stamps and cash assistance... these programs are there for you to use when times are hard... if you pay child care get family services to pay for half of it... that is a big savings too... good luck, I hope you find something in the posts that will guide you to a better outcome...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2009