Obama's healthcare plan

I am so out of the loop, I have an 11 month old and I'm 8 months preggo, so I can barely make it through the day let alone keep up with the news. I have heard a lot about Obama's healthcare plan and his credit card laws and how no one is supporting them, but I don't know what his plans are... can anyone explain?

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 10:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am SOOO glad that I am not the only one out of the loop or confused...I am curious to see what kind of answers you get on this, maybe it will help me understand too. :)
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 10:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Republicans aren't supporting him
    Anonymous

• anon think again there are dems who are not supporting the bill too.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

A whole 8 bought by insurance lobbyists

Anonymous

• well those are such helpful answers, thanks for the insight.
    Anonymous

• Silly Anon, SMART people aren't supporting him.

OP, you can find legislation for both on open congress. Just google open congress credit card bill and open congress healthcare bill.

Beware though the legislation is long, but they offer a summary.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Republicans aren't supporting him

Not we don't support insanity. This bill is insanity and anyone who has read it knows this will ruin healthcare for all instead of providing it for the minority of people who actually need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• There has been a LOT of great info posted in the last week or two. Truly - just scroll back a few days and read the many debates written in the past days.

A lot of CafeMoms put a good deal of excellent writing into their answers!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Tons of spending, government deciding on treatments, no competition with a govt. who is not in for a profit.
    Why do you think other countries come here for care.......we have the best. I am totally against this.
    Obama himself told a lady concerned about her elderly mothers condition and future....he said
    "maybe the surgery won't help and she many just have to take a pain killer".......scary.
    Our representative emailed and said they are not even being allowed to read the whole thing before they are called to vote.......crazy.....our voices can make a difference......been there, done that
    momof2wneeds

Answer by momof2wneeds at 6:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009