extremely painful bowel movements... maybe TMI

Normally, when I need to go I feel some pressure at my anus letting me know I have to go.. for the past 3 months I get these horrible, doubled-over, having to breathe through the pain cramps before the pressure. I know I'm getting enough fiber. The bowel movements range from liquid to hard. I wasn't too worried about it at first but now I'm like WTF? It happens EVERY time I have to go poo. This happen to anyone else? What should I do about it? I am definitely thinking of calling the doctor but wondering what answers I would get first..

alinker

Asked by alinker at 10:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like you may have IBS to me, do you have these cramps all the time or are they worse when you become stressed?
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 10:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Sorry, just saw that every time part....it does sound to me like IBS which can cause severe cramping. I would definitely call the doctor and make an appointment, they may even refer you to a GI specialist.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 10:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I would also say IBS. My sister-in-law gets it when she eats beef so it could be diet related too.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• See a GI specialist. My friend had that (still does on occasion) and she was diagnosed (after over 5 years of hell) with celiac's disease. Celiac's is best diagnosed with a biopsy of the lining of the bowels, done via a colonoscopy. I've had it done, it's not nearly as bad as anyone makes it out to be. But get checked. That sounds horrible.
    Anonymous