If you have had a miscarriage please help me

I am 5 or 6 weeks pregnant I have to go to Doc to get due date I just have not picked one yet I am going to this week ...okay 2 years ago I had a miscarriage but it happend real quick and I don't remember much about the warning signs except waking up with shoulder and neck pain and cramping ...so my question is I have had sharp cramps in my lower area real bad off and on today and my shoulder hurts real bad and a little on my neck but just my right shoulder and I am kinda scared does anyone think I should go get checked thanks I know every one hates these questions but a ER co pay is expensive...Thanks again

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is no reason to go to the ER if you are only 5 or 6 weeks pregnant. Don't worry until you start bleeding. The bleeding may be light or seem very heavy. Even if the bleeding is heavy it is rare that there needs to be anything done.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't go to the ER unless you start to bleed heavily or have excrutiating pain. Good luck to you.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Those can be typical pregnancy symptoms in some cases. I would wait until you have atleast some spotting if you think they feel the same as your mc. But at 5-6 weeks I don't think there is anything they can do to save your baby if you are miscarrying. :( I'm not sure about that, its just what I've heard. Good luck sweetie, and let me know if everything is okay. :)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 10:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• thanks ladies i was just worried because my shoulder hurts so bad just like last time and my Doc said that had something to do with warning signs last time to be honest I was so emotional I cant remember much but I was 14 weeks than so thinking about it now maybe things are different at that stage

Anonymous

• I suffered an ectopic pregnancy in Oct, and a miscarriage in Feb. the funny thing is I had shoulder pain with my ectopic that was from internal bleeding, so ectopic is the first thing I thought of when I saw you had shoulder pain, it worries me because if it is ectopic it is life threating, and I would say you should go to the ER right away, but if you had shoulder pain with your last miscarriage maybe it is normal for you, I dont know, go with your gut, and if you start bleeding alot or get in a lot of pain I would go to the ER quick. GL
    Anonymous

• I have had 2 miscarriages, but have never has shoulder and neck pain. The first one i had no idea i was evern preg. The second i was 13 wks. preg. so it was more difficult to handle. With both i had a LOT of cramping and bleeding with clots. I know that is gross, but that is how it went. I would just call your OB/GYN and ask them.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• its just my right shoulder a constant cramp and ace ( its annoying ) thank you so much everyone for your help

Anonymous

• I have had two miscarriages and both times I had horrible headaches that started in my shoulder blade area up through my neck and my head. I thought both times that my hormones were off....doc didn't think so and never checked. This pregnancy I insisted they monitor my progesterone level and within a week it dropped and I started prometrium at 6 weeks. Go in and ask your doctor to check you out. I think some are a little passive when it comes to early pregnancy loss and maybe they will be able to help you. I hope everything turns out ok for you.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• When I miscarried I didn't bleed at all. My cervix was closed. I had no idea I had miscarried - I had my 6 week apt & saw the heartbeat & everything... then felt 'strange' the day my nephew was born - December 13, 2002. So, my fiancee (now husband) and I went to the ER, they said my cervix was closed and there was probably nothing to worry about... but I had to come back the next day for an ultrasound. I went, and they could find no heartbeat - the baby stopped developing at 6 weeks and I carried her another 5 weeks not knowing she wasn't alive.

So, I would put a call into your OB's answering service & they will call you back with their medical opinion. Each case is unique and I am not a doctor or an expert. My sister had a miscarriage & she bled & vomited a lot. I in turn had to have surgery to remove my baby. So, just don't worry - breathe - and call your OB.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2009