Is anyone else....

appalled by the new show 'Toddlers and Tiaras'.

I have always been quite sickened by babies in make-up an hairspray. What are these parents thinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Kids should be kids. They're only kids once, and putting them in pageants is not appropriate, period. They should be outside getting dirty.

Besides, I can't imagine that this would be healthy, having them dressing in adult-like clothes, putting on gobs of makeup, and prancing around to be judged on their outward appearances.

Bleh. Sick. If these parents want to be in the spotlight so much, perhaps they should join a pageant themselves.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Not anymore offensive than it was last year, or when it was Painted Babies, or Showbiz Moms & Dads. Face it, all those vapid little girls with the big hair running around for Miss America and Miss USA start out somewhere.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• never heard of it
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Oh, NP, I realize this is not any MORE offensive than it has been in the past, but I just saw a commercial for the show and it brought it to the forefront of my mind.

I always have and always will thing it's disgusting.
    Anonymous

• Yes appalling and borderline abusive! Makes me sick. I hate the whole pageant thing for kids AND adults.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Is this the one with the beautiful little girl and plastic surgeon on the commercial, and he's talking about lyposuction and botox and she's maybe 3 or 4? And he says the first thing he thought of when he saw her was lyposuction?

We couldn't even watch the commercial, dh was flipping out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It is as offensive as watching my sisters kids get yelled at for not making touch downs or baskets. I think pageant and sports parents both can be very disgusting. They make it about them and never about the kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Can you imagine the self-steem problems these kids will have? Imagine being a "has-been" all washed up at the age of 10 or 12.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:26 AM on Jul. 22, 2009