Need Help With Loseing Weight Please!!!!!

Ok here's the deal I was 260 got down to 236 back to 243. i just cant seem to lose this fat and keep it off. i just want to be below 200. 199 will be fine. ( i gained about 75 pounds with my daughter and never got it off) so as of now i have 44 pounds to lose and i was tryin and hopeing to lose if by the new year is it possible? i do cardio work outs at home. i have a 5 year old daughter and she is with me 24/7. ( hard to go to the gym plus i have a bad back) i do a walk at home program with weights about and hour 3 times a week. i also go walking with my daughter and friends 2 times a week. total about 10 miles a week. should i do 20 miles a week? i eat healthy i'd like to say. i have junk food here and there not much. i haven't had cake soda candy in about 3 months now im happy to say. any idea's i would love to hear please and thank you to everyone helping me get throw these hard times.

TPT420

Asked by TPT420 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Sounds to me like you are working hard! sorry to hear it isn't working!!! What about doing your home program 4 times a week and a walk the other 3 days??? Maybe jog or run for a short time those three days of walking (like a few mins)... I've also heard keeping your heart rate up helps. I know how hard it is to try to go to the gym! I have a 20 mo old. Congrats on your diet btw!!! That is a hard one to stick by! Hope this helps somewhat!!! GL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Well I am not sure how long it has been since you had your child and it also seems like you are living a pretty healthy lifestyle. Other than maby going on a drastic diet. I gained 50 pounds after my 1st child and went on the Nutrisystem diet, plus all the walking and exercise I got I lost all 50 pounds within 4 or 5 months. It worked pretty good for me. If you already have tried going on a special diet then I would talk to your doctor. There is something that happens to women after they have a baby..(that is if its been months after) hypothyroid because of having a baby.....You could have a thyroid problem... Good luck.
    rlapierre03

Answer by rlapierre03 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You are exercising very well, so that is not the problem.

So, it is that you are still taking in more calories than you're burning. (or you have a thyroid problem...keep that in mind.)

The best advice I have is to cut the simple carbs like you have been....only more so. No white bread, rice, potatoes.

Also, what works for me is to eat my major meal for lunch, not dinner. If I don't eat after 4pm, I lose weight. (I think it's because my body doesn't just store the dinner calories as fat.)

Good luck!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Have you ever gone to www.mapmytrip.com ? It is really cool. It will help you.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Talk to your doctor, non of us are professionals and can't really tell you what to do. I can tell you this much, I talked to my doctor...we set up a plan that was right for ME and it has worked, sticking to what she said was hard to do...but I'm doing it, I've lost 20 in a little less than 2 months. I was in a 16 now in a 13. I stoped drinking soda and picked up green tea and cut down on sweets, bread, milk and other carbs. Counting calories is a pain in the butt but, it works! My advice is to talk to your doctor
    canfield22

Answer by canfield22 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Going to have to agree with counting calories as well. Although I'm too lazy to do that, I have drastically changed my diet. Minimal carbs, nothing deep fried (helps with ulcer as well), fruits for sweet snacks, veggies with dinner every night, lots of water, and never over eat. Every now and again I'll stop for fast food (like once a month maybe if I'm in a hurry?) but I usually make sure I try to burn off the calories with a good sweat.

I have to be very careful with my diet because obesity, thyroid problems, and diabetes runs high in my family, but once you get used to the diet change it's really not that hard to keep up with it. I literally hate fast food now and my stomach can't tolerate soda, artificial sweeteners, or deep fried foods.
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 9:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• http://www.sparkpeople.com/

try here good Luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You are working hard - that is AWESOME!!! I hate it when people complain and then don't do anything about it - or expect magic pills or milk shakes to make the weight to go away.

I can't say that I can relate to your problem, I am on the other end of the spectrum.

BUT - Here is what has worked for some of my friends (everyone I know that has tried it)
    1. Cut out ALL of the excess sugar... cookies, cake, everything (not forever)
    2. Drink a TON of water!! 40+ ounces a day!!
    3. Cut out most of your carbs... potatoes (except for sweet potatoes), white rice, white bread...
    4. Eat several small meals through out the day... a few veggies & LOTS of protein.
    5. Get on a good exercise plan - and be determined to stick to it.

The key is being diligent and consistent. I hope it goes well for you - God Bless!!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I just posted something about this in another answer but i have been threw the diet yo-yo all my life and b4 i got preg i was on a "diet" that was working great and i havent gained any weight with the pregnancy so i figure its gonna stay gone. (i lost 85 pounds on this with little exercise)

I had been seeing an acupuncturist for my weight a few times and after spending $1500 for almost no results (maybe 5 pounds came off) I read something about Thermogenics (i don't know if its spelled right) The idea is like the idea of sweating off fat but you are doing it from inside your body. I have to say if you have stomach problems like acid reflux or ulcers then dont try it.

First add as much hot sauce to your diet as you can it sounds weird but it helps a lot
    Second get some Cayenne pepper vitamins and take them as it says to (usually 2 to 4 a day WITH FOOD)
    Third keep water with you all the time and drink as much as you can
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Do the South Beach Diet. No joke, this is the best diet because it teaches you how to eat right. It does go through phases and in the first phase you can't have any bread or carbs in that form, just veggies, no fruit either. It works great. And the food is so delicious, you'll never feel like you are on an actual diet.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009