my 7 month old isnt siting by herself or crawling what should i do?

jasseimamommy

Asked by jasseimamommy at 11:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her time. My son didn't start crawling or sitting up by himself until he was 11 months old.
    Anonymous

• Give her time. Not all babies do all that stuff right away. My son didn't crawl til 9 months. Just help her sit up, prop her, etc, to help her sit, and give her plenty of tummy time, to help with the crawling, and realize that it might take her longer to do those things. She needs all the floor time she can get, and tummy time, to get those skills.
    Anonymous

• While I do believe that's late for sitting up, it certainly is not late for crawling. My babies didn't crawl til 10 months, and 9 months, and crawling is not even listed as a milestone medically because of the widely varying ages babies do it. If your baby can sit up for a short period but then topples over, just keep playing in the floor with her. She'll get better at it with practice. The important thing is that she's showing interest in the world around her and going to all her checkups.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 11:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Can she roll? How well does she hold her head up? If she hasn't hit these milestones, I'd get a hold of your local Early Intervention for an evaluation. Check with your doc, he can get you in touch with EI. My daughter wasn't rolling over at 10 months, everyone said just give her time, she has low muscle tone and is still a year delayed (3 and a half now). If you're concerned, talk to a doc now, better safe than sorry, and the sooner the intervention, the better.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Dont be worried. My daughter conqeured sitting unassisted and crawling withing the same week right before she turned 8 months. My DD i think could sit unassisted, but didn't completely have the balance thing down. Now she's a pro and she'll be 9 months next week. It can happen in a blink of an eye.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My 1st baby and 3rd baby rolled and sat up by 5 months yet they didn't walk until 16 months or so.
    My 2nd did everything early.
    My 4th and last didn't budge until he was 8 months old and as soon as he figured out how to get around... his crawling didn't last long! he walked at a year.
    Every baby has his/her own pace
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My 10 month old will sit up unassisted but topples over within minutes. He is starting to crawl but still isn't fully doing it. I think as the ladies before me said that every baby develops at a different pace and as long as your child is healthy you just let them hit those milestones in their own time. Good luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• She's very young to be crawling. That is around the age mine started to sit. Don't worry, but if you are, ask you're doctor. I'm sure he will reassure that she is right on track!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2009