if you knew before your child was born that it would be a special needs child would you still have it ir would you abort?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Abortion never was of is an option for me. I would have that baby no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT.
    Anonymous

• I would still have her because she is my child and has a purpose.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• It would be devastating to hear that my child had special needs but no I would not abort. God gave me that child, disabilities and all, for a reason and I would never go against his plan. Children with disabilities still deserve a chance at a good life even if it might be more difficult for them...its better than no life at all. And doctors aren't always right.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Special needs is just that SPECIAL....I would have the baby hands down!
    LJSMOM31

Answer by LJSMOM31 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have three kids. All three kids abortion was never discussed as an option when we talked about concerns for our pregnancies. Each pregn. was seen at level three neonatal hospitals to increase chances of care if births had difficulties. I feel this way because in history babies have beaten the odds and so have people of other ages come through illnesses and accidents. If we took away that chance we'd never know if any of our babies could have survived well or even alright at all.

but each pregnancy is unique and special, for parents with difficulty choices to consider being that some known disabiities are very very rough I pray that solutions for better health are researched well and guidance and support are there for the famlies. To me,my husband neither one of us have ever had any abortions in our previous relationships, we support families who love and all in the decisions that have to be made to love evn abortion.
    Anonymous

• 120% without a doubt, I would have a special needs baby. IMO~To think one can wipe a away a life with an elective medical procedure is disheartening. I respect the law, but I think it shows a lack of maturity and responsibility when people think they can play God. Alas, it isn't for me to judge them, but rather a power greater than all of us,,, No matter what the laws state...jmho...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I work with special needs kids, I had a special needs uncle. I know the challenges, but I also know the rewards. I would have had my baby regardless. That's why I never had any extra testing, it wouldn't have made a difference.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I'm 1028 anon just an added sentence, for each of our three pregnancies my husband and I refused several times in each pregnancy to have amniocentesis.
    Anonymous

• I was 39 when I was pregnant and 40 when our son was born. Because of my "advanced maternal age", I was recommended to have an amniocentesis. I told my doctor that it didn't matter what the test would have said, I was having this baby. So I opted out of the test. (there are some issues with it possibly causing harm)

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I have three kids. One of which is a special needs child. His disability is undectable while in utero (ASD). But, even if it had been, I know I wouldn't aborted him. However, I have never been in that situation where there was a disability that would affect my child so badly that they would in essence have no life. i don't know what I would have done if I had. But, I am glad I have my three.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2009