He won't eat real food!

My 12 month old really won't eat any finger foods except his little puff things. He might take a bite or two but then pushes it away and screams until he gets the jar food. He'll sometimes eat if if I feed it to him but if I try to let him feed himself he just plays with it. We've been trying for well over a month now. Has anyone else has this problem and what did you do? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mash up the "real food" and put it in a baby food jar. Let him watch you pour it from the jar to a bowl/plate, so he learns food doesn't always have to come from a jar. Idk what else to tell you really, my kids were all eating all table food by 10 months, by their own choice, they wanted what everyone else had.
    Anonymous

• Get a tiny food processor and grind up whatever you are having. I bought my Kitchenaid on QVC. It works great and even though my son is now over two, I still use it for some things for him like broccoli and cheese.

Item # K89720

If this doesn't work after awhile trying. He may have something called texture aversion.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:32 PM on Jul. 21, 2009