my two year old doughter doesn't stay any where with out me, what to do?

my two year old doughter dosn't stay any where wiith out me. i want to put her in day care but she won't stay. she will cry so bad which will make her to vomit. i don't know what to do. how to start she is so attach to me. any advise please? thanks

nellie909

Asked by nellie909 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start by slowy getting her used to you being gone. Like, leave the room and talk to her at home. If she cries, wait a few minutes and go back saying SEE MAMA'S STILL HERE! You can do this when she is entertained by anything. Then slowly increase the time and eventually it will get easier. Sounds like she has really bad seperation anxiety. Mine had that too and this was how I slowly got her to give me some space! And when she goes into daycare try to leave her there for a short period, go back and get her for a couple days. Then slowly make the time longer! It's not something to quickly fix but I hope it works out for you soon!!! :) GL!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• She is too immature to be separated from you yet. Give her another year.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Try starting with a babysitter in your home, an environemnt she knows. Have a friend come over, and you go for a 15 minute walk, then extend the time.

Also, you might find a trigger word that she may be okay with. Like with my daughter, no matter where I'm going or what I'm doing, if I tell her I have to go potty, she is completely fine. Anything else I try to tell her, she freaks. Weird huh? So if there's osmething like that you can try, go for it.

Give it time, and just work on it little by little.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:34 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My daughter was the exact same way. I got her used to her daycare by taking her there to meet everyone. She loved the kids and played. Then the day to drop her off was much different. She knew something was up. When I walked to the door she got this horrified look on her face and screamed. I ran out crying:( I called 15min later and they said she walked off and started playing and she never shed another tear.
    As a primary teacher, this is great for children to learn independence and problem solving without mommy there to do it all:) Remember, as long as you are the best mom you can be, your child can handle some change.
    zumbafan

Answer by zumbafan at 11:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i think with routine she'll overcome it.... and if she pukes she'll calm down drink observe maybe play then fall fast asleep, but if it becomes a daily thing she'll be fine
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:19 AM on Jul. 22, 2009