Is this what a braxton hicks contraction feels like?

So this whole time I thought it was just the baby moving, and maybe it is. But my stomach definitely tightens up and I'll have like a big lump in my stomach, like some part of her body sticking out. It's as if she's totally thrashing around. It's not actually like painful really but definitely uncomfortable. Now it's been happening for like 10 minutes straight. And I'll get kinda like a shooting pain in my vagina or even what feels like it could possibly be my booty lol. I'm due tomorrow by the way.

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your stomach is getting hard you are having contractions I would time them hun Good Luck Congratulations

Anonymous

• It's kinda just happening like non stop......that's why I thought it was just her moving around.
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• it can sometimes do that at first but I looked at your profile you were 50% effaced so I bet you are a lot more  ow and you could have a fast labor hun I did before

Anonymous

• if your pain increases and you can time them chances are you are in labor. Good Luck!
    LJSMOM31

Answer by LJSMOM31 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Call your doc/ob. Getting checked sounds like a decent idea at this point in time. If you choose to wait it out, and you start feeling like you have to poop, go to the hospital immediately!
    Anonymous

• yes hun you can go quick I had one baby in 2 hours form the first contraction to holding her I got to the hosp at 8 and had her quick

Anonymous

• I think its time I hope it goes well for you

mom-2b

Answer by mom-2b at 11:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• i definitely dont feel like im in labor. i just laid down on my side as i was waiting for answers and it basically went away. i just wanted to know if thats what braxton hicks felt like. thanks everyone
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I'm feeling the exact same thing right now that you described and I'm 30 weeks. My doctor told me that it is braxton hicks.
    But if you do happen to be having your baby tonight, congrats and good luck!=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 21, 2009