Scabies

What comes to your mind when you hear the word scabies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• Umm...eww?

Never had personal experience, or known anyone who had it...not sure what it even is, lol!

But still...ick?
    Anonymous

• Nothing. I work in the health care field, and have had them twice myself. I feel sympathy for anyone who has them, and I definitely empathize. You do not get scabies simply from being a "dirty" person, because trust me, I am not dirty.

And Anon :26 - Scabies are a microscopic skin mite that burrows under your skin and causes an intense itching sensation.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• That's what the doctor said. My daughter she is 5 has them and now guess what mommy has ugggghhhhh
    Anonymous

• The only advice I can give is:

Don't scratch!!!!! Their eggs are in the fluid that are in the little bumps, and when you scratch you get the eggs under your nails and spread them around.

Clean Clean Clean!!!! Nothing is sacred!!! Treat it like head lice...if you miss one little thing, they will come back in force!!!! Bag up the stuffed animals, wash every piece of laundry, clean your couches, wash your pillows, steam clean the carpets.

Don't forget to do your second dose of cream in 7-10 days!!!!!! If you miss that you will be in trouble!!

I wish you the best of luck. I pray my daughter never gets anything like that - it was difficult enough dealing with my household with no child, I can't imagine doing it with one!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009