diabetes during pregnancy...should I be worried?

I went to a WIC appt. were the nurse said she thinks I have gestational diabetes. Should I call to get checked out or wait til my appt next monday? Is this bad? My DH is freaked out and I dont know what to do...I cant take the shots everyday, I cant even look at a needle without passing out. Is this serious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why does she think u have gd? i went to the dr last week Im 27 weeks and my dr told me he thinks i have gd . I took the test last friday Im waiting for the results.
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• if u have gd during pregnancy they will try to control with diet and exercise then add in a pill if necessary only in extreme out of control cases do you hv to go straight to shots just wait until ur appt and ur ob can tell u more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009