Do your kids socialize alot during the summer?

Mine don't. It is mostly just us. Even when we go out we stick to ourselves. I don't really like for them to go to peoples houses, and I don't like having kids here at our house everyday. They are close in age so they play with each other alot, but I am starting to wonder if it is bad for them to be so secluded. What do you think?
They do talk to friends on the phone, and spend some time texting them, have the occasional friend over, bt that's it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Health

• My child is the same way and I often wonder about this too.
    Anonymous

• They need to socialize with other kids, at friend houses so they learn how to get along with a wide variety of people. My son is on baseball, goes to friends houses, friends hangout at my house. He is an only child and needs that interaction. It's nice that your kids get along and play with each other but they also need friends.

Socializing with others is a big part of development and how they will get along with others when they are older, as adults. It helps kids learn new ways of looking at the world, how to solve problems, how to get along with others. It helps them find new interests and hobbie. It also gives mom a break, time to relax.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2009