I know someone mentioned that the PA questions need to stop...but I have one that I have always wondered about...

For those of you who are against people using public assistance: What are people supposed to do when they live in a community that does not have very many jobs. Are they supposed to move away from family support? I keep thinking the best thing to do is create jobs... but how? Get an education is another one, but then you have to move away from homes, land and family because most of those jobs are already taken up. What can they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• That's just that poster's opinions - you can ask anything you want. I think PA is important but misused. I've had a neighbor who was on public assistance and collecting unemployment plus also got a car loan. Something was wrong there. Some how but I don't know how I think PA should be tied in with volunteer work to make our towns better plus for example in hospitals or nursing homes, schools PA could get either free or low cost meals for their work. But how to put that into real time I have no idea.
    Anonymous

• I think pa can help greatly if you are ineed
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think that post that said that was about people asking questions that generate arguments...and most people have come to a consensus that its not the USE of PA thats the problem..its the ABUSE!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Personally I think communities, charities, churches, and families should help people in need... but with the Government stepping in and making it so the "rich" can't get a tax write off for making donations- well we're really only shooting ourselves in the foot and paving the way for Government to control all.

You also need to remember that we didn't always have PA.

Personally I think the Government should make as many bonuses for charitable giving as possible. Like tons of tax deductions etc. That way people will have more incentives to give and to help each other. Same goes with health expenses although that is totally of topic.

Sorry this is random- I'm trying to keep it under the word limit :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2009