i need help potty training my 3 1/2 yr old

Jazmyn82

Asked by Jazmyn82 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter is the same age is and FINALLY learned how to potty. i got some great advice from many moms here on CM.

the best advice someone gave me was start a sticker chart with a picture of something they'll get after they get X amound of stickers. give your child a sticker for every time they go potty. my daughter was so excited to get her reward that she would run to the potty even if she didn't need to go. good luck!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 11:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• *** wow look at all those errors =P

* same age is and finally...
    * X amount

rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 11:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I kinda did the same thing but instead of stickers we used quarters. My son loves money already, lol. After he got ten quarters we went to the mall and bought an Auntie Anne's pretzel, which he loves. (and I got the quarters back) After another ten quarters we went out for ice cream. To start with he got one quarter for peeing and two for pooping. Once peeing was down he just got one for pooping. Now he just get a little piece of candy for pooping.
    I took off work for a week and just put him in underwear and we really didn't go anywhere during the week. It took him about 3 days to really get it. By the time I went back to work we were pretty much good to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Jul. 22, 2009