Is there any way to get my milk in so I can store it before my baby gets here?

With my DD it took my milk 4 days to come in to I supplimented with formula, and I dont want to do that this time so is there anyway to get my milk early so I can save it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• usually the milk doesn't come in until the baby is born because there is no need for it before the baby is born
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The placenta coming out stimulates the hormones to let your body know its time to begin producing milk.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Only if you buy a cow. Nope, your body makes what it needs when it needs it. The first few days the baby needs colostrum. Then milk comes in. The protein and fat content are taylored to your baby's needs. :) But wouldn't it be convienent for us if we could do that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'm gonna get attacked for this one, but if you ask your grandma she will tell 1 12 oz can of beer (budwieser is best I was told) during pregnancy and 1 mnth before do date your body has stored up and you will have milk after the first couple feedings with colosseum. My doc. said it once fine to drink a beer a week but no more. You should with your doc. though because I know all docs. practice by different methods. Mine was more natural homeopathic. and followed alot of the old ways as long as they weren't proven to not harm any one. be careful and feel comfortable in what you choose don't let any one tell you different you have to live with it. not us. Good luck and god bless

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Hotmama86 is vying for best mom of the year award, she has already admitted to smoking and drinking during her pregnancies. What will she admit to next?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Nothing will make your milk come in except the birth of your baby. Sorry.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• No. Nothing makes milk come in earlier. Before birth, you may see colostrum. That's what you'll see for up to six days and it's ALL baby needs. Never a need to supplement. You were mislead before. Baby needs only a tiny bit of colostrum. Count dipes...one per day of life for the first week. 6-8 per day after that.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

Hey I least admit it with my face name and don't lie or hide behind anon like you . I'm who I am like it or not I don't care. I only drank the last 3 mnths of 1 pregnancy under advisement. So bite me you don't know me or what my sit was or even what I was told.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Not judging hot mama one way or the other, but my father in law's mother drank and smoked frequently during her five pregnancies and my FIL just so happens to be a genius scientist (one of only three people in this country capable of doing what he does for a living). And four out of the five children happen to be specialists in their respective fields earning well over six figure incomes.

Now granted this was at a time where smoking and drinking during pregnancy was the norm, not the exception so who knows how or why things happen during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Nothing will make your milk come in faster, your body makes colostrum and thats all your baby needs in the first days after birth.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009