Do you feel sorry for those that abuse credit cards and can't pay the bill?

I was reading another question and thought why does anyone even want a credit card? If you can't pay cash for something do you really need it or can you afford it? It amazes me that people are so out of touch with reality.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got one when I was 21. I was very good with money and my SO wasn't. Didn't take but 2 months of that thing being maxed. We had to buy groceries on it a couple times and now 3 years later still trying to pay it off and not getting very far! It's already in collections.
    Anonymous

• You cannot rent a car without a credit card. It's also helpful to have in case of emergancies. Plus if you use a credit card responsibly, it can help your credit score. My parents pay for EVERYTHING with a credit card and pay it off immediately, that way they rack up the sky miles and come visit me. : )

So I do think credit cards have some value (I do not have one, hubby hates them). I do not feel bad for those that completely abuse them though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Emergencies*
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• You can use your debit card to rent a car. We have done that before. We do not have any regular credit cards. We do have the military's Star card, because we've had it since hubby enlisted, and we use it to save 3 cents off per gallon of gas, and pay it right after. I don't feel sorry for people who abuse the cards to buy things they don't need then can't make the payments. Nope not at all. Now people who have to put groceries on a credit card because it's the only way they can eat, that's different.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Well, you have to establish credit. It's just some people get approved for more than they can handle.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I know a woman that has a credit limit of $30,000 on ONE card. Yes, she has excellent credit, but she also has a bill that would make your head spin every month!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My dad swore by cash but this was before credit cards were necessary, I screwed up my credit even though dad warned me. I do not feel sorry for myself. Iwas stupid even when given great advice.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I buy everything cash and use my debit cards.If I can't afford it ,I won't buy it.For emergencies I have cash at home and have money in my savings and both checking account.Nope I won't use a credit card.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I do NOT feel sorry for people who think that plastic card is not real money - that it just keeps coming with no consequences. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! 28% interest???
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I use my credit card daily but I pay it off each month never paid a penny in finance charges or interest. I am responsible with my card and only use it so I can get airline miles. I fly a lot and the 3-4 tickets I get each year are wonderful.

When we got married we put it all on the credit card. I am so glad we did when our caterer backed out a week before our wedding and then admitted they could not pay back the deposit that amount was insured and we got it back. I know the credit card company went after them and got the money later. We were able to find another caterer because we did have all our funds.

Credit cards are not bad the misuse of them is bad. People need self restraint. I don't feel bad for those that overspend and then cannot payback they made that bed now have to lie in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2009