I am 15 weeks along. This is my first baby. Is now a good time to start purchasing "stuff" for the baby, specifically the needs rather than the wants.

Mrs.Calderon404

Asked by Mrs.Calderon404 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it wouldnt hurt. Especially those non gender specific items you know you will need, like diapers, baby soap, bathtub, burp clothes, a crib, carseat and stuff like that.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Wait until after your shower!

Congratulations!
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:27 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• buy the bigger things first unless you expect to get that kind of stuff at your baby shower ... i dont expect the expensive stuff like the crib carseat stroller rocker dressers/changing table if your getting one so im buying all that myself and waiting to see what little things i need after the shower. if you wait a few more weeks you will hopefully know the sex and it will make shopping even easier and fun ! Gl
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 12:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I waited until I knew what I was having to buy anything but I found out at 15 weeks so I'd say yea go for it. Its so much fun. Don't buy a ton of one size of clothes cause if you're like me and have big babies they might wear the newborn stuff for like 2 or 3 weeks.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I started buying diapers at 12 weeks. I figure I will need them and you cant have to many, of course I have varied the sizes. I also bought pacifiers and extra nipples for the bottles and now that I am 36 weeks it is so much easier because I bought the smaller stuff first. Wait until you babyshower to buy some things but there are certain things you cant have to many of (such as diapers) and if you do you can always return them.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 7:17 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Mama, now is a great time to stock up on diapers, wipes, baby wash. I started buying my diapers now and we are due around the same time. Buy the size 1 and size 2 diapers first. If you buy pampers by the case then you get pampers points. You can register them online to get free stuff. Good Luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'm 18 weeks and I've been buying a few things every week. Trying to get stuff I don't think people will get me (crib sheets, nursing pads and so on) and stuff that I want to pick on my own (diaper bag). Look for places that still do lay a way I just put ALOT of stuff on layaway last weekned. Its a nice way to get the big stuff you ened without a credit card.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Baby showers are meant for the little things that people can afford to buy for you and baby, like soaps, diapers, paci's, blankets, usually outfits over 3+months, bottles. Things like cribs, car seats, bathtubs, crib bedding sets the expensive things are bought by the mother and father of the baby- I would start by buying the big things weekly, anytime past 12 weeks is a good idea to start putting things on lay away, or just buying them- as for the little "wants" and extra goodies, put them on your registry for the baby shower- if your not having a baby shower, always buy those things as you see them on clearance- I never had baby showers, so I went to consignment shops and got clothes in VERY good or new condition, bought the crib at a rummage sale for 20.00 and it was the BEST buy I got so far because it was only used for one child and still was on warranty!! I went to the fancy neighborhoods for rummage sales!!!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009