How did the people who misspell words get to that point?

Like did they go to a really bad school, did their parents not help them study their spelling words, or were there no books for them to read? What do you think?

I am just asking because I don't think that I went to a particularly great school, my parents didn't really like for me to read (not sure why), and I don't remember them ever helping me with my homework, but if I don't know how to spell a word I will look it up in the dictionary, because I just...well I just do. I am thinking it is just some sort of genetic trait or something. Kind of like OCD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For me, writing properly is a reflection on me. It shows that I care about what I am portraying to the outside world; here on CM, all you have are your words, might as well use them properly.

How is that psychotic?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• tonight why all the questions on poor spelling? Do the teachers miss their students? I just figure that our minds work faster than our fingers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I don't sweat the small things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think it's genetic. My mom and I are terrible at spelling. I have to look EVERYTHING up.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think worrying about it in a chat is psychotic and silly. I know who to spell very very well I just don't give much a shit on here. Also a friend of mine has a very funky keyboard. There is also such a thing as typo's
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• No matter what, some people just aren't good spellers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2009