Do you ever find nicely folded, perfectly clean clothes...

in the hamper?

I do. All the time! And no one seems to know how it got there. It is as if they take the clothes that I just so tenderly washed and folded straight to the hamper, just so that they don't have to put it away. Uugh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• All the time. My kids don't feel like putting the clothes away so they just drop them on the floor. Then when they get in trouble for having a messy room they just toss it all in the hamper. About 1/4 of all laundry I wash every week was just washed the week before and was never worn, it just ends up back in the hamper. Unfortunately I have 2 bedwetters who then toss their wet, pee soaked clothes into the hamper and EVERYTHING has to be rewashed even if I just washed it days before.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• yes!!! My dd is 20 mos and likes to do that to me all the time!!!! I'm like "YOU HAVE TO WEAR THESE FIRST!!!" LMAO
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I used to until my kids were assigned laundry duty. :) Funny how things get done right when it is them doing it. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My son don't put the cloths in the hamper, he pulls it all out of his drawers and spreads it all around his room, it drives me nuts lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:53 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I do laundry for the kids twice a week..period (unless someone is sick) If they don't have clean clothes they have to answer for WHY. My 6 yr old granddaughter learned the hard way when she had to wear three outfits she dislikes because she put clean clothes in the hamper. It hasn't happened since.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I do the same here as GrnEyedGrandma.....I wash clothes once a week, so if you put clean clothes into the hamper and it shorts you on clothes for the week, oh well. And if you don't bring your dirty clothes for the week to the laundry room on laundry day, they don't get washed and you make do until next wash day.

It's amazing how, after nobody but me has clean clothes for a week, suddenly everybody's dirty clothes are in the hamper & I have never found a clean item in a dirty hamper since.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009