How far in advance should you stop taking the pill before you want to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• when do you want to get pregnan?
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• sorry pregnant....dont want to get bashed for spelling it wrong.....lol cafe mom can be a harsh place
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think around Christmas time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I stopped taking my BC and was pregnant within 2-3 months. But you also have to consider how long you've been on it. I was on it for a year and a half. If you have been on it longer than that, it might take longer for you to get pregnant. If you are wanting/planning on getting pregnant though, why don't you just stop taking it now?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:36 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Every women is different. Some can be pregnant the following month, or it can take 5 or even up to a year. It really just depends. If you want to conceive the best thing to do is to go off the pill in 2-3 months or just start now.
    Unfortently, theres' not a guartee of when you will exactly get pregnant. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My cousin finished her last pack of pills and she got pregnant right away, the first time she ovulated. I think she had been on it for quite a long time too, since her kids are 8 and 6 1/2.
    sassy34

Answer by sassy34 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I was on the patch for 5 years, and got pregant 3 months after I stopped taking it.
    mamagoose718

Answer by mamagoose718 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It took me a year to get pregnant after the pill.
    Reeree064

Answer by Reeree064 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009