Does your preschooler smother you?

My son wants me to hold him all of the time. We'll be in the grocery store and he'll be dragging on my leg begging me to hold him. I never held him too much as a baby or anything like that at all. Its like he has to be touching me at all times or he can't stand it. Hold my hand, sit in my lap, hugging me, whatever constantly. I love him and love to snuggle him but I can't do anything! Am I horrible for feeling smothered and how do I get him to give me some space?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son is almost 5 yrs old and yes he drives me nuts all day long. He not only demands constant attention but he also talks non stop! and he repeats his questions over and over. interupps no matter how much I tell him not too. Sometimes I feel like I should go out in the working world just to get a break. But half my pay would go to gas and daycare so why bother. all I can do for now is wait another year til school starts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My twins are the same way and I try to take it as much as I can, but I've always been the type of person who needs personal space. It seems like they need to be in physical contact with me 23 hours a day and it drives me up a wall.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Thank you ladies. That makes me feel so much better. Its like I feel bad that my son wanting love is so annoying to me. Its just constant, never ending. He talks nonstop and interupts too. He is also five. Anon are you sure we don't have the same child? lol
    Anonymous