goin poop on the toilet..

my son is 3 1/2 and just FINALLY started goin pee all on his own and is wearing underwear..as soon as he wakes up i put his underwear on and threw out the whole day he just goes to the bathroom all by himself and goes pee in his lil toilet..BUT...the only problem is he is soo scared to go poop in the toilet..he crys and will hold it cuz he doesnt want to go on the toilet. so i will put a diaper so he can go then put him back in underwear cuz i dont want him to get constipated. is there any things i can try? ive tried bribing him so much! but nothing i do works..

vanessa23408

Asked by vanessa23408 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son has this exact same problem. If you find something that works let me know too!
    j0shsmommie1

Answer by j0shsmommie1 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• maybe instead of bribing him try to talk to him comely and walk him to the potty and explain to him that big boys only go poo in the potty and only babies poo in the diaper, take his undies off while you talk to him and try and sit him down on the toilet and just talk to him the whole time so that way you are keeping his mind of being scared and focused on the conversation you are having with him, I hope that makes sense, I do that with my son when he is scared of something and it works like a charm good luck

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Get the book "Everyone Poops" by Taro Gomi. Find as many books for kids about pooping and peeing on the toilet. We like to say (i know it's gross) "there's a mommy poo poo, a daddy poo poo and a baby poopoo." When he goes in his diaper, dump it in the potty so he can see it and talk about it and have fun with it. (gross, I know) But, it worked for us! GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I had a same problem with my son before. At last, I let him watch Potty Power and I used babybjorn toilet trainer to conform him. It seemed like working....
    Keamo

Answer by Keamo at 3:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I went thru this w/ my son. It was hard. He would want a diaper every time he had to poop, and I would give in and put his diaper on him, he run up stairs to poop and that would be it. It got old really quick. I was tired of spending money for diapers for a 4 yr old to poop in. So once I saw the sign that he had to go, which was crying because I wouldn't give him a diaper I would sit him on the potty. Every time we went thru that I would sit him on the potty. He would cry and scream. It was horrible, but he finally got to where he couldn't hold it anymore and went. After the first time it got a little easier.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009