Will a shark attack me?

I'm going to Florida and I'm very excited!! We haven't been on vacation in soooo long. Anyway, I'm going to have my period and I would like to swim in the ocean. Now obviously I will be wearing a tampon, but I know sharks can smell even the smallest amount of blood! Has anyone here swam in the ocean with their period? My husband would be livid if that part of my body got attacked!!

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 2:55 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://www.rmsdyna.com/shark-attack/

This is a good article, and it briefly addresses the menstruation topic towards the bottom. Doesn't sound like there's much for you to worry about. Have a fun, safe trip!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• lol that last part was funny
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:59 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• So not true, this myth was started years ago with the movies JAWS. Sharks are attracted to movement when around people. When you are in water your blood flow stops,
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I wasn't really trying to be funny. I live in the upper-midwest, nowhere near an ocean, and this is a serious question! What do you think?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:01 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Then why is there blood around the victim when they are attacked on the movies then?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I do know your period blood flow does stop in water.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:03 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I know you are not being funny and I aint loughing at you or your question sorry if I came off that ways I just think this part

My husband would be livid if that part of my body got attacked!!

was funny not the question, sorry
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Anon STFU! Duh! The blood is around them because the shark got them in the movie?! I swat! Mommas that start and end there questions with the word then. Lordy, lordy, lordy,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I know what you meant lovemybabies. It really is a legit question, though. And my husband really would be mad if he lost that part of me LOL! Wouldn't your husband be mad? I honestly just think I will skip the dip in the ocean, I just don't think it's worth it, you know?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• lol, you know it girl, thats his favorite fun part and loosing it would just break his heart lol

and you know that's a good question, but I think I would stay out of the water just to be safe then sorry, I kinda like my fun part to. ehh it gives me chills even thinking about that lol
    anyways I'm out I need some sleep good nite
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2009