upset over tv show on 7/22/09 of twin girls in beauty padgent mother showed be reported abuse

mother clearly favored the one girl over the other. Keep yelling at the other girl, saying she was doing everything wrong. said in front of her she was to thin, and the other daugher was better looking, and that her nose was smaller and had a better smile, and looked like her. The daughter she did not favor, walked off crying head down. Later, the show shows her crying because her dress was torn, the show talks about how she comforts her. NO she was not. She said, well we have another dress comming but I think it is going to fit your sister better.

The little girl who was favored did not appear happy. She said, I don,t like winning or competing against my sister. At one point she was crying at the show, the father picked her up and said, she is acting like a brate, you deal with her. Oh my. I tried to find the show on the web site to comment. However they only had, one that was dated up to the 21.

ewok

Asked by ewok at 3:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What was the name of the show?
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The show is called toddles and tiaras. I think it's really sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• People should not be watching this kind of crap, and telling the network to cancel it. Children do whatever their parents want--they often don't know any better, but the stress, cattiness, and superficial things the parents are imposing on their young daughters IMO is a form of child abuse--emotional abuse. And for what...so your little snowflake is crowned prettiest little girl? Yeah, that ought to get them far in life!

I think beauty pageants in ALL age groups from toddler to "Mrs." levels are pathetic. There are PLENTY of mainstream ways to pay for college. Being vacuous, self absorbed and superficial is BORING!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Agree, lori.

I have little girls, and I've had perfect strangers and friends tell me I should model them or put them in movies. . .

Not on your life!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:52 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Also, yesterday was the 21, not the 22.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I agree, these shows are crap. They actually make me physically ill. They are such a disgusting exploitation. These sorts of pageant moms should have their children removed from the house. I've seen mothers teaching their daughters to dance like Vegas showgirls (at age 3!), I've seen them say "Go out and win cuz Mama needs a new car!" and I am so disgusted. I think it is very very wrong.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I don't agree with putting kids in that crap in the first place. I agree with beckcorc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2009