32 weeks pregnant and having more then 8 braxton hicks contractions in one day

im not sure if they're braxton hicks or not. it went from a couple during the day to more then 6 and hour.tried falling asleep and i couldn't due to waking up with the feeling of uncomfort. im very nervous and i hope its not preterm labor. my fiance and me are working on a house to move into and if this is real and the baby comes this early, we dont know what we would do. theres absolutely no room at my mothers house. i have my 32 week appointment tomorrow. and ive read other articles on the same situation im in, but im still worried

xokimmie1ox

Asked by xokimmie1ox at 5:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Health

• I had the same thing. I had to stop working and the contractions stopped almost entirely. I was working on my feet all day without a break and it was too much stress. If I remember correctly, the doctor said to call if they got painful or I was having them every 2 minutes. Just put your feet up and try to relax and stay hydrated.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 5:08 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My doctor told me to call if I had 5 or more within a 1 hour time frame. Try drinking a big glass of water and lying down. If that doesn't stop them or you have 5 or more within an hour, you need to call your doctor. Its possible the stress of getting a new house is causing them, so try to relax.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:12 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Braxton Hicks contractions | BabyCenter

How to recognize these painless uterine contractions that happen throughout pregnancy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My doc said if I had more than 6 in an hour to call just to be safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jul. 22, 2009