cerebal palsy

i have talked to two docters and they have said my son could have CP. he has some muscles spasms in his arms in leg. i am a first time mom. he will walk but only with support. i wanted to know more info about CP from mothers with children that have CP?what can i do to help him start walking on his own? how could i get my son diagnosed? how do i deal with temper tanrums? i am soo confused and worried about his well being

joses_mommy_526

Asked by joses_mommy_526 at 5:31 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I can't answer you, but I wonder if there is a group forum of CP moms? That would be a great start. Good luck, Momma!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:47 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I'm not the mother of a child with Cerebral Palsy, although I am the mother of a child with Special Needs, my son has Down Syndrome, also, my nephew has Cerebral Palsy. I definitely agree with Adelicious search for a group for mom's with children who have Cerebral Palsy, or a Special Needs group =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Talk to your doctor about support groups, about getting him diagnosed, etc.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• my newphew has cp he has a lot of seziers mikey walked with time and support he has to wear a speacial shoe to help his one foot that is crooked he has to go to geisinger every month to find a new siezer med that his body will except...im told mikey has a mild form of cp he has a hard time with is one hand and he gimp a little bit now he will be 5 in nov he starting to talk better now his mom and dr thinks its b/c hes socailized alot my dd is the same age as him and when hes doing something hes not suppose to be she goes over and tell him not to do it of we try to ttell him that hes throughs a fit....we treat him like a normal kid this approch seems to work
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:54 AM on Jul. 22, 2009