Why am I having such a hard time finding a good babysitter? AARRGG!

I have been trying to find a good sitter for my children but it is so hard! I went to pick up my 2 daughters yesterday from the babysitters house and it seemed that she was back in bed. My girls were all alone in the living room. I was there for at least 15 minutes before she cam out of her room. I am not very happy about this!

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 6:34 AM on Jul. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• oh, gosh, I would definitely find a new sitter! That is ridiculous. Where have you looked for a sitter?
    Try places like sittercity.com and I think care.com is another one. !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Did you say something to her? I would have taken her into another room and gave her a piece of my mind. Were there other children besides your girl? I would get a hold of them parents and let them know what you walked into yesterday. If she is license i would be calling the state on her.
    Yes don't bring your children back there and good luck on your search.
    God I am beside myself it would have taken ONE minute for someone to break in and kidnap your children and others because of her being away in bed or whatever.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Call your local child care council. They will give you a list of licensed DAYCARE Providers. There is a huge difference between a baby sitter and a daycare provider. A babysitter just watches kids, does what ever but a daycare provider has to take classes, the state does inspections they drop in unannounced and the provider has a set schedule to follow, which does not include sticking the kids in front of a t.v. I think if you find an in home daycare provider you will be happier.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2009